If you have payment or debt problems, the municipality can provide financial advice.
If you have payment or debt problems, the municipality can provide financial advice. You shall, to the best of your ability, attempt to reach an arrangement with those to whom you owe money. But you can get assistance to draw up a realistic budget, negotiate with creditors and enter into a debt settlement agreement. The Labour and Welfare Administration has also established a nationwide telephone service that can provide basic guidance (see the link in the brochure field).
Brochures, documents, maps, etc.
Guidelines – applying for, or receiving the service
You should have the following with you at the first meeting:
- Latest tax certificate
- The balance on all accounts
- A copy of your rent or lease contract to document your living expenses
- Wage income and social security benefits in the past three months
- Documentation of any housing benefit
- Information on loans, credit debt, etc.
- Receipts for payment of rent and electricity
- Expenses for doctors, physiotherapists, chiropractors, dentists, etc.
- Expenses for day-care, after-school or other child care
- Expenses for insurance
- Information on deposits on savings plans
Time taken to consider the application
The municipality shall consider the matter as soon as possible.
Tjenesten oppdatert: 13.05.2020 09:50